1 Comment Posted @ November 5, 2010
Here’s the deal. This Movember I’ve decided to donate my face to raising awareness about cancers that affect men. My commitment is the growth of a moustache for the entire month of Movember, which I know will generate conversation, controversy and laughter.
I’m doing this because:
· 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in his lifetime
· 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime
This is a cause that I feel passionately about and I’m asking you to support my efforts by making a donation to support the great work of the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG.
Here is where the FREE BEER comes in. My pledge to folks (in addition to making myself look like a dodgy Seventies porn star) is as follows:
1. If you join TeamSFO (of which I am captain) and donate your face for Movember too, raising at least $100 in the process, you will be hosted at a private Movember TeamSFO event at the ESB complete with never-before-tasted beers and celebratory ales.
2. If you donate $50 or more to my specific cause at http://us.movember.com/mospace/986462/ you will be hosted at a private Movember Donators Dinner at the ESB complete with an exclusive pouring of the World Beer Cup Gold Medal-award winning Imperial Jack.
To help, you can either:
– Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/986462/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account
– Write a check payable to Movember, referencing my name or Registration Number 986462 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726
To join my Movember team go to http://us.movember.com/register/166820 and follow the steps. Once registered you’ll be sent all the information you need to raise funds and start growing as part of my Movember team.
The money raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others, through the world’s most promising prostate cancer research and LIVESTRONG’s programs that support young adults and their families battling and surviving cancer.
For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please visit
We’re getting started a bit late here in SF – but we’ve had a World Series to contend with. Please share this information with as many people as you can.
Let’s see if I can look even creepier than this…